If you are planning to get a facelift in the near future, there are a few things you can do to ensure that your surgery and recovery is smooth. Below, we have provided 5 great pre facelift surgery tips that we hope will be of use as you get ready to undergo your procedure:
1. Understand what will happen. Every surgeon has different protocol and you will want to know what is to be expected pre and post operation.
2. Arrange transportation. It is extremely important that you have transportation to and from the surgical center where you facelift will be performed. Also, having a friend or family member present may alleviate any pre-surgical jitters you may experience.
3. Arrange for help. The first few days after cosmetic surgery can be a little tough and you may need additional help from a friend or a family member during this time.
4. Designate a recovery space. When you go home, it is very important that you are able to rest, take it easy and recover. For this reason, designating a private recovery area that is free of distractions is a great idea.
5. Have ice packs. If advised by your surgeon, you may be able to use ice packs on your face to reduce the swelling. However, always consult with your surgeon about what you can and cannot do following your procedure.
If you have additional questions or would like to schedule a consultation to discuss possible facelift surgery, contact the West Coast Plastic Surgery center to speak with a Westlake Village plastic surgeon.