Plastic surgery is happening around the world as more and more people are seeking cosmetic procedures to improve their appearance or to address particular medical conditions. Below, we have compiled a list of interesting facts surrounding plastic surgery in the U.S. and worldwide:
- Switzerland leads the world in plastic surgery as approximately 215 per every 100,000 people seek cosmetic procedures every year. The U.S. ranks number 19 with 31 people seeking plastic surgery per every 100,000.
- Since 2009, the top plastic surgery procedures in the U.S. have been breast augmentation, liposuction and blepharoplasty.
- According to a worldwide survey, the most expensive plastic surgery procedures are full body lifts, tummy tucks and facelifts.
- It is estimated that 66% of plastic surgery patients are repeat patients.
- When people have liposuction, roughly 6 to 8 pounds can be removed safely.
Do you want additional information about a particular plastic surgery procedure? If so, contact a Westlake Village plastic surgeon today to receive the information your desire.