Whether you’ve lost a significant amount of weight through diet and exercise or weight loss surgery, you deserve a pat on the back. It takes a lot of time, energy and discipline to lose a lot of weight – and it’s not easy.
The health benefits of weight loss aside, a major weight loss tends to leave behind loose, sagging skin on the arms, thighs, abdomen, and buttocks. And this can be discouraging to say the least. If you lost a significant amount of weight and it’s left you with a lot of loose, sagging skin, it can be corrected with body contouring surgery.
Here are the surgical options:
- A lower body lift removes excess fat and skin from the buttocks, abdomen, and thighs.
- A tummy tuck will remove the excess skin and fat from the abdomen while tightening the abdominal muscles.
- A thigh lift removes the excess fat and skin from the thighs.
- An arm lift removes the excess fat and skin from the upper arms.
- A breast lift removes the excess skin from the breasts. It also lifts and reshapes the breasts so they appear youthful and firm again.
- A facelift removes the excess tissue and skin from around the jawline and tightens the muscles in the face.
Let’s say you’re seriously considering body contouring. When is the right time to get the procedure? Do you do it while you’re still losing weight, or do you hold off until you’ve reached your ideal weight? We advise patients to wait until they’ve reached their target weight and maintained it for a while – this is the best way to achieve maximum results.
If you still plan on losing 10, 20, 30, or more pounds, it’s best to reach and maintain your target weight before you undergo surgery. If you still have more weight to lose and you have the surgery, and you lose more weight afterwards, it can affect your plastic surgery results. As a result, you could end up with more loose, sagging skin, which is the opposite of what you want.
Meet with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
The best way to achieve your goals is to visualize the end result and discuss your plans with our Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Yuly Gorodisky. He’ll be able to answer all of your questions and put a plan in place. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.