Love handles can be so frustrating. They affect the way we look in form-fitting clothing. They hang over pants and jeans, and from the side, they make us look less attractive. If you’re “done” with your pesky love handles, you’ve come to the right place.
Fortunately, you have options. From surgical solutions like liposuction to nonsurgical solutions like CoolSculpting, there are procedures that pick up where diet and exercise leave off. The question is, which procedure is right for you?
Traditional Treatments for Love Handles
When it comes down to the “right” treatment for your love handles, it’s going to depend on a few things, such as the amount of excess fat you have in the area, the results you’re looking to achieve, and whether a nonsurgical procedure would deliver those results, or if your desired results can only be achieved through surgery.
Top treatments for love handles:
- SculpSure is a nonsurgical procedure that uses a controlled laser and heat technology to target unwanted fat cells[MOU1].
- CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical procedure that freezes and destroys fat cells, which are naturally eliminated by the body.
- Vanquish is a nonsurgical procedure that uses heat and radiofrequency energy to heat up and kill the fat cells.
- Liposuction is a highly-effective surgical procedure that removes unwanted fat cells from the body.
- Smartlipo is considered less invasive than traditional liposuction. With Smartlipo, heat and laser energy are used to heat up the fat cells and soft tissue before the fat is removed via suction.
Does Fat Grow Back?
Just about every patient asks us if fat grows back, especially our liposuction patients. When we become adults, we don’t actually make more fat cells. When fat cells are destroyed through a nonsurgical or a surgical procedure, they will not magically reappear, but that doesn’t mean you’re out of the woods yet; it doesn’t mean you can eat whatever you want and not gain weight.
“So, what does happen then?” While removed or destroyed fat cells will not grow back, the fat cells that remain can expand when you gain weight. The best way to maintain results after liposuction is to eat healthy, exercise regularly and maintain your weight.