It’s no secret that people choose cosmetic surgery so they’ll look better and who can fault them for that? Every day, we hit the gym, carefully select our clothing, use hair products, perfumes and colognes, and cosmetics to enhance our natural appearance. And when someone neglects all of these things, people will quickly say “they let themselves go.”
Essentially, cosmetic surgery improves people’s appearances and as a result, it usually boosts their self-esteem and self-confidence. Surgical and non-surgical procedures such as breast augmentation, Botox, dermal fillers, facelifts, liposuction, neck lifts, tummy tucks, and rhinoplasty among others can dramatically improve a person’s appearance and in some cases, they change their whole lives.
Questions to Ask Yourself
If you’re seriously considering cosmetic surgery, it’s important to understand that it could yield dramatic results. By changing your appearance on the outside, it’s almost guaranteed to change how you feel on the inside. In light of that, we suggest you ask yourself the following questions as you consider pursuing cosmetic surgery:
- Why do I want to change the way I look?
- What are the specific parts of my body that I want to change?
- Am I being realistic about the probable plastic surgery results?
- What parts of my life will be affected by the surgery, such as my family, my travel plans, and my work schedule?
- Am I physically ready for plastic surgery? Or, do I need to get in better health first or lose weight?
- Is now the right time for plastic surgery, or does something else need to happen first?
- Have I talked to a board-certified plastic surgeon about my questions and concerns, and have I been honest about my health?
Preparing for the Procedure
If you are confident that you know what procedure you want done, or if you have narrowed it down to two or three options, you’ll want to make sure that you have a good understanding of what will occur before, during, and after the procedure.
What will it take to prepare? How long is the surgery? How long is the recovery? What do I need to do at home to prepare? How can I maximize the results? Those are the kinds of questions you’ll want to ask your surgeon. The more realistic your expectations, the greater chances you’ll be satisfied with your results.
Next: How to Have a Smooth Recovery After Plastic Surgery
Contact us todayto schedule a consultation with Dr. Yuly Gorodisky.